Rainbows at Goodwin - The Goodwin Diversion Dam is located on the Stanislaus River and is owned by the Oakdale and South San Joaquin Irrigation districts which diverts Stanislaus River water into the district`s canals. The Stanislaus River is one of the largest tributaries of the San Joaquin River. The river is named for Estanislao a Miwok leader from Mission San Jose who led a band of 400 former mission acolytes against the Mexican government in 1828 and 1829. The Stanislaus is a widely popular recreational river for fishing, rafting, camping and picnics.
Photo by Reclamation Fish Biologist John Hannon